I strongly object to the Forsythe ll proposal because:
1. It will increase, not mitigate fire danger
2. It will destroy currently well functioning ecosystems and negatively impact local wildlife.
3. It will degrade, not improve forest health and resilience
4. It will increase downslope flooding danger, including flooding in Boulder City and County.
5. It will negatively and unfairly impact housing values for local residents and reduce recreational opportunities for both local residents and the general public.
Scrap the US Forest Service Forsythe II Project. Replace it with a minimalist, ecologically sound project, such as the one submitted by the Magnolia Forest Group.
First & Last Name
Comment deadline is Jan. 29, 2016
In order to be able to comment on the next step of this project, you have to send a comment to the USFS now. Below is a sample letter you can use, as is, or change to suit yourself. Read our alternate plan on the opinion Opinion page. Email comments to:
THE USFS DEADLINE FOR COMMENTS ON THEIR SCOPING PROPOSAL IS JAN 29, 2016. IT IS REQUIRED TO COMMENT DURING THIS PERIOD TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT LATER, EVEN IF THEY TOTALLY CHANGE THE SCOPE OF THE PROJECT.